If you’re thinking about doing business in Butler County, Alabama, you’ve come to the right place. This section provides the basics about locating or growing your business in Butler County for site selectors, prospective businesses, and even existing businesses. If you would like more detailed information, contact the Butler County Commission for Economic Development at 334-371-8400 or DHutchison@bcced.com for customized reports, statistics, and more.
Economic Development Resources
The following entities can provide economic development information for the state of Alabama.
- Alabama Department of Commerce
- Economic Development Partnership of Alabama (EDPA)
- Alabama Department of Revenue
- Alabama Department of Industrial Relations
- Southeast Alabama Gas
- Alabama Power
- Interstate 65 goes through the county, connecting truck traffic with a major U.S. route
- The CSX mainline runs north and south in the county
- 2 hours from Port of Mobile
- Highly-Skilled and Motivated Workforce
- Employee training programs provided free through state partners
- Local public schools partner with community colleges to train high school students in industrial maintenance, welding and nursing, with graduates obtaining industry-recognized certification.
- Alabama is a Right-to-Work state
- Progressive Governmental Leadership in the towns and county that work together to move the county forward
- Competitive Taxes